The academic center is a safe and quiet place, where students can complete homework and assignments and receive peer tutoring services from 8th grade Honor Society students.
This service is free starting in September and is available multiple times a week in the library for one hour after school on an "as needed basis".
The academic center provides help with all subjects.
Students in need of one-on-one help with homework or tutoring can get help from a peer tutor.
Peer tutors are eighth grade students who are members of the Honor Society and have committed to providing homework help or leading study sessions after school in the academic center for 12 hours each semester.
Students are encouraged to come to the academic center when it is open. This will also help Westborough staff keep track of students who are on campus after 3:30 PM.
Academic Center Rules
- Students must stay for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- The latest a student may enter is 3:30 PM.
- Students must sign in and out of the Academic Center log.
- Students should use the restroom and get their supplies before entering the Academic Center. There are no in and out privileges.
- Computers are available for school work only.
- No food or drinks are allowed.
- Students must work quietly, focusing on school work and projects, not socialize.